Sunday, April 2, 2017

Done Editing!!! (Kinda)

Last night, I am happy to say I finally finished editing my documentary!!! I am pretty happy with the way it turned out with the exception of one transition in the end of it that seems to change subjects with no meaning or purpose. This is where the "kinda" done editing part comes in. I really love everything else about my piece, but this week I'm going to show my product to a few classmates and have them give me input as to whether or not they think the transition/end is weird and or abrupt. I also want to ask, obviously, about what they think overall so that if need be, I can make changes while there's still time. I think a main critique that I may possibly receive is that the task at hand it to create an excerpt from a TV documentary- my entire TV documentary capturing the Troupe's work and challenges leading up to and after states, with my excerpt documenting the time at states- but I think rather than an excerpt I made more of an "op doc". If the people I show this to absolutely hate that aspect of it, it can be easily changed and I already know how I would go about it, so that part I'm not too worried about.

Other than that all I need to do to finish is insert the graphic for the title which I'm waiting on, and also I'm still looking for background music to include for the end. I mentioned my struggle with music before and not being able to use the tracks I originally wanted, but the way it worked out, I don't think those tracks would have all fit into the piece anyway, so really, it was nothing to stress about.

I'm nervous, but mostly looking forward to sharing my excerpt with others and getting feedback on my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment