Saturday, April 2, 2016

Art on Art on Art

Filming starts (and finishes) tomorrow and I am very excited!! In gathering up all my props this week one of the first things I started working on was getting a sketch book that is full of drawings and pictures; some pencil, some color. If Eevie Davis is going to be a smart, mature, legitimate artist she needs to have a portfolio more impressive than just stick figures, which is about what I or Isa would be able to provide. Luckily, my brother is a very talented artist and although he is away at school, he does have a great sketch book in his room that he left behind that would be great for me to use. And like I had said in my last post, I know an amazing group of talented people so I also reached out to a friend of mine, Britney Lyons, who I know is a great artist. She kindly agreed to let me borrow one of her sketch books for my film opening. Her pictures are all beautiful but there is one in particular that I want to appear in my film that I think will be perfect.


Displaying IMG_5009.JPG

This drawing is of course a more dream-like and idealistic version of where I will be filming, but that is why I love it. If Eevie is in a forest and she is creating art inspired by her environment this forest scene makes perfect sense, and I love the colors in the picture because I think it is just like something Eevie would create as she is longing for a simpler and genuinely happier world. So, I just wanna say thanks Britney!!

Everything is finally coming together and within the next couple days, my film opening will be done... Wow! I absolutely cannot wait for all of my ideas to become a reality. Updates to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment